[pianotech] Verdigris in Action Centers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 30 19:29:12 PST 2008

Speaking of VSP.   I just treated 9 Yamahas...C5, 3 C2's, 2 U1's and 2 P22...I was under impressed...a little less wiggle...I soaked the entire cloth and used Spurlocks cauls, no heat.   Left over night...if anyone can explain where I went wrong...please do...one thought...the Yamaha keys are pretty firm and maybe the wood swelled less than say a Steinway?   These were not badly worn bushings.   Slight ovaling of keybushing...black mark where the keypins rubbed.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044