[pianotech] business

RONALD SHIFLET rlshiflet at msn.com
Tue Dec 30 21:32:55 PST 2008

My impression of all the 'big companies' and dealers is they are doing what everyone else is...Trying to stay alive. They have their 'favorites club'. So do the dealers. If you can get in, they'll feed you what they can. If you can't get in, you're on your own. While each area has a few techs that have nice relationships with companies and dealers, the bulk of the techs do not get much. There simply isn't enough 'company business' for everyone.

Just because a big company puts a booth up at the convention or makes a cheesy donation to get a caller off their back, doesn't mean that they support PTG, this business, or most importanly...YOU!!!

If someone sees an unfilled area of this industry and wants to become a supplier, let him. If he wants to put it into an occasional post, let him. If the donation seekers haven't found him yet, so what???

The amount of suppliers left seems to keep getting smaller. As you well know, when a company becomes a monopoly, their service goes downhill and they forget about the people who made them big. I for one, am grateful for the small shops that can stay in business and give me somewhere else to shop.

To all the small shops out there, stick your company name and info on the bottom of your posts so everyone can know what else is out there.