[pianotech] wurzen front punching felt

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 03:08:52 PST 2008

John writes:

<< The intent was to point out that Jurgen's outfit contributes nothing to
the industry, not that he personally is a nothing.  I don't know him.  There are
people in our industry who genuinely give and those that only take.  I've
never seen pianoforte company run an ad, sponsor a major class or support the
industry.  They only try to skim off the efforts of others. <snip> I'm only
suggesting that Jurgen starts supporting us the way the other companies do and not
just use the LIst in lieu of advertising. <snip>
 We're in a shrinking business, and I'm grateful for the companies that
continue to invest and grow our business and less tolerant of the companies like
Pianoforte who only take. >>

Greetings,
    I disagree.   Pianoforte doesn't "take",  they sell.  I buy.  The ads are
there because they pay for themselves.  Supporting the industry?  They ARE
the industry.  Whether they advertise or not is a business decision, not a
charitable decision and there is no need to create adversity out of thin air.
    I am grateful to the smaller, boutique companies.  They operate on a
smaller margin, take bigger chances, (atypical wire, odd sizes of leather,
esoteric tools, etc.), and offer some products, (like the Wurzen punchings), that are
really different.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>One site keeps you connected to all your
email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)</HTML>