[pianotech] Verdigris on action centers

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 05:27:53 PST 2008

    John:  A soldering gun is full ON and full OFF when the trigger is actuated.  The heating process is hard to control and make consistent.  Plus, you can only heat one end of the pin at a time unless you make a jig for two.  One also has to juggle one or two switches on and off or the tips get red hot, and switch flanges besides.  I prefer the 2-iron method for best results.  BTW, I filed the points off the irons to make a small flat surface to contact the end of the pin (more area).
    Mike Kurta