Weber upright from 1884.

Lou Novak pianoservice at msn.com
Tue Jan 1 10:20:05 MST 2008

Martin-
I restrung a 1882 Steinway upright - tune it to 440 and all went well.
However I can't speak for your situation directly -
I believe Weber was making just as good of an upright as anybody else in
those days.
How did the pin block feel when you were tuning? Bridges look OK? - any
crown left? -
As you know all these may help in your decision.
Good luck and Happy New Year
-Lou