workshop set-up

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 1 15:14:47 MST 2008

Happy New Year!

Speaking from experience of working for 3 different piano dealers in Los
Angeles in 1974-85 ,  I would  recommend to start any workshop with:

1]work bench or two or three

2]AIR compressor is a must  to clean dirty pianos and actions and then  in
my shop I got addicted to air- driven tools

3]at least a couple  of old file cabinets to keep parts
dust-free,moth-mouse-rats free and well organized..

4]Plan for the future and have some folding chairs to host local PTG
meetings.Dealerships and workshop are the BEST meeting places.Separate  area
to store Chairs,coffee pot,etc.would be nessesary,too.

I  would love to see Listers  adding their preferences in tools and
supplies.This is just a start..My 3-car garage is MY Territory plus an
outdoor area for tools and parts.

  Best wishes for New Year to everyone on the List.