Titebond Trim and Molding glue for bushings....

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 4 14:54:01 MST 2008

I understand the sentiment Wim... but for jobs that need re-doing from
time to time... like key bushings on high use instruments.... I've
learned to shy away.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that you can soak one side
of thicker bushing cloth with a Tight bond like glue... effectively
creating a shimmed bushing without the shim.  Wick in with your
finger... let dry til stiff... and then glue to the wood with pot glue
as usual.. Works like a charm really..

Cheers
RicB

    I have used titebond for years for all my wood gluing needs,
    including hanging hammers. I don't even?own a glue pot. I just could
    never see the need for all that mess. ?

    Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
    Piano Tuner/Technician
    Honolulu, HI