Titebond Trim and Molding glue for bushings....

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jan 4 15:29:53 MST 2008

I started using this because I found often that glue would wick through
to much and make for way too hard a bushing when using cauls.  So I
figured I'd cut the glue off at the proverbial pass.  Then I found that
with thick cloth the bushings ended up too soft.... so a bit of
experiementing led me to getting the feel of just how much to let wick
through.  At this point I do all my bushings this way... for thin cloth
I just more or less seal the back... for thicker cloth let more wick
into the material.

I've had a chance to watch quite a few high usage pianos over several
years and the method works and holds up very well  indeed.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    In what situation would you use this method?

    Just curious.

    Barbara Richmond

    snip>