workshop setup

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 23:12:44 MST 2008

Hi Gerald
  Hey you can do a lot in a 1200 square foot shop.  I cleaned  up they other
day so the pictures look good. I've have been in a year long
reorganization/efficiency mode. Or as they say in pre- school. Clean  up.. clean up ...put
away. And so the battle against shop clutter   goes
    SO just looking at what's here may give you some ideas of  what you can
get in 1200 square ft. I love this shop. It has heat, air,  great lighting &
plenty of electricity. Both 220 & 110. It has four  sky lights & I can't say
enough good about that decision. This is my  wood working area but can use it for
many things.  My entire layout is  3000 ft & four seperate rooms.  It works
really well but for most  of my life I worked in a 1000 square ft.or less. We
can work well on a bout  4 pianos at a time in the 1200 square ft piece. The
action fore finish area  is only about 600 ft Which is  where they go when the
saw dust  clears.
  The dust collector is not in the room but behind a wall &  not hooked up as
of yet.
  Write privately if you wish
  Dale Erwin

Hi all:

Some time ago I polled the list about  starting a piano rental partnership
with the dealer that I service for and  got some good advice which I appreciate.
Thanks to one and all. Now I am  seeking advice in setting up a shop for the
same dealer. I have my own  shop but don't want to move in with them. I think
it would be better if  they had their own tools and such. They have visited
dealerships in  Houston and would like to have a complete service shop on the
order  of the ones in Houston and have asked me to help with the setup. I don't
know how far they want to go with this. If they want to do complete  rebuilds
or just refurbish, but I want to be ready in any case. I've been  given a
blank slate to work with so give me your suggestions starting with  floor space
etc. just as if you were starting over. Thanks in  advance.
Gerald McCleskey
Shreveport,  LA