glue for bushings

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 11:55:43 MST 2008

     I ran some tests with this stuff, Ron, and found
it no more or less reversible than the hide glue (
soaking with pipe cleaners dunked in water, and
stuffed into mortises ) but it dries harder ( less
gummy ) than regular PVA, or Aileen's tacky Glue (
thick PVC-E ) which made me figger it would swell
less, with humidity changes.
    It also "fills gaps", a bit, so would help make up
for splintered mortise innards, and is so thick that
I'd doubt it would permeate bushing cloth, much, yet
seems to hold quite well, when dry.
    And it stinks less, and probably carries zero
chance of prion disease transfer which ( because I'm
not a "Real Man", I guess ) also appeals to me.
    Run your own tests, and refute these claims, if
you wish, please.
     Thump