Interesting note on bushing cauls

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Jan 5 14:11:24 MST 2008

> Was the body of the aluminum one shaped somewhat like a violin?
> Ron N
>

> Yes, Ron it was--that's a good description.
> Diane

That's the one. Any idea when these were made, and by whom?
Ron N

Sorry  Ron, I don't. I was always interested in finding old and unusual tools, but never found out who invented them.

When my father and I started out working together, we did not have enough tools for both of us and had to negotiate every day about who got which tools.  As the years went by, and we started making some money, my Dad got known for buying tools as techs retired.  Whe he died, I found at least 5-6 of each item. Even after giving complete sets to several apprentices, I still have tools to unload.
Dian
Diane Hofstetter