Being called out on stage

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Jan 5 15:51:21 MST 2008

 William Benjamin pianoboutique at comcast.net Sat Jan 5 13:11:40 MST 2008

I have tuned many times with a crowd waiting and many times there was an applause.   Like the others, I don't know if it was for producing a good sounding piano or having finished all that banging.WilliamPIANO BOUTIQUEWilliam Benjamin
I received an emergency call--dampers were hanging up on the Yamaha C7 and the concert was about half an hour off.  I was teaching a small group of hopeful techs at the time, so said, "Here's your chance to see real stuff (or something like that)".  So off we went, the hall kept the crowd out as long as possible.  We trouble shot, I pulled the action--it was frozen up damper underlevers.  The conference center director held the flashlight.  Repinned one, then the second; they let the crowd in, repinned the third, the fourth.  Finally, no more frozen ones.

No banging, but the crowd gave us a standing ovation!  I think it was because the concert could finally start.
DianeDiane Hofstetter