Vertical Hitch Pins, was [CAUT] duplex position

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jan 5 16:57:01 MST 2008

I dont think anyone has accused anyone at all proposing mindless
anything.... just raised the point that due caution has perhaps not been
underlined enough at times. As for arguing against vertical hitch
pins... strikes me as more then obvious that all the posts that reflect
a preference for standard hitch pin and back duplex systems include
clear statements as to the viability of an informed approach to vertical
hitch pins. I still see nothing, having read closely,  anything in
anyones posts on either side of the issue has written that shows any
inherent overall advantages of one system over the other performance
wise.  There is a clear potential danger of mis-use of vertical hitch
pins to be sure... but that kind of thing comes with the territory. Give
a field tech the ability to change a design parameter and you give
him/her the ability to muck it up.... old news.

Cheers
RicBB

    Like anything, it depends, and as usual, no one has proposed
    mindless replacement of standard hitches with vertical without
    some intelligent consideration behind it - as it's being
    argued against.