Front lid extended during performance

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat Jan 5 21:30:57 MST 2008

There is little doubt this puts all kinds of stress on the hinge.
Whether is is enough to cause a problem in the long term I can't tell,
but I would suspect it can.   I have only seen this done by young music
students who have never been shown the proper way to open and close an
instrument.  In my books, it is filed under "Operator Error".

Jurgen Goering