hammers felt coming apart

Cal Munson cmunson at tds.net
Sun Jan 6 17:06:16 MST 2008

Hello List,

	A long time client's hammer felt has come loose from  the top side
of hammers 62 to 74 and is flipped up at a 45 degree angle. Years ago
I remember being told that there is nothing that can be done.......
so I've always stayed away from them - but this woman is going to be
hard to say no to. She  loves her old upright.    Brass rail
unfortunately.
	Has anyone out there had any  success in fixing this problem other
than installing new hammers?  (Ronsen will sell a partial set of 30
for $70).

Best Regards,
Cal Munson