Front lid extended during performance

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:28:31 MST 2008

With all this talk about the extension of the top lid (or as I call it the flap), one of the things that was never mentioned here is that the flap is not on the same plane as the top because of the top hinges. The hinges keep the main top slightly away from the piano case. When you open the flap while the top is up you are putting stress on the long hinge. If you were to put something between the flap and the case (maybe about 3/4" or so) you would keep the proper plane and relieve the stress on the long hinge. IMHO

Mr.G