hammers felt coming apart

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jan 8 07:15:39 MST 2008

If you find yourself stuck in the customer's house without clamps, wire
ties, heat shrink tubing or thick CA, you can use Dacron thread and whatever
kind of wood glue you have on hand. Cut a piece about 2 feet long. On end A
tie a loop about 6 inches in from the end. Stick end B through the loop to
form a lasso, put the lasso over the hammer felt and draw it down tight. The
friction of the lasso will almost hold the felt by itself. Continue to wrap
end B around hammer felt along its length until there is about 6 inches
left. Then tie end A to end B and your done.

Most customers will have some thread you can use if you don't have any. I
always try to carry some. Seems like it comes in handy for lots of things.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802