buying pianos on ebay for fun and profit

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 08:48:36 MST 2008

At 06:11 -0800 8/1/08, Tom Sivak wrote:

>There was a thread a while back about the idiocy of
>buying pianos on ebay.  Well, I'm here to tell you
>that although there may be risks, the gains can be
>worth it.

I quite agree.  I've bought about 10 pianos on eBay in the past year
and a few of them are real treasures that I'd been looking out for
for years.  Here's a little gem I bought last week for £5 -- a
Kirkman "cottage overstrung" from 1881 with fine ivory keys.  It has
no commercial value, of course, but if I relied on people contacting
me with pianos for sale and spent hours of time and gallons of fuel
going to see their rubbish it would take me forever to get
interesting stock.

JD

--
   Delacour Pianos  *  Silo  *  Deverel Farm  *  Milborne St. Andrew
                      Dorset DT11 0HX  *  England