Loc-Tite Agraffes

Robert Scott fixthatpiano at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 12:28:16 MST 2008

Bob Hull write:

> In trying to seat new agraffes that don't tighten in
> the proper position, has anybody every tried
loc-tite
> blue?..

The loc-tite may be good, but it is not as solid as
brass or iron.  If the agraffe can move the least
little bit, then it will suck up some vibrational
energy from the string.  I like Ron's idea of sampling
different agraffes until you find one that is close
enough to being snug.

Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan