was loc-tite agraffes now plate positioning system

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 9 13:54:08 MST 2008

> I'm wanting to use the plate height positioning system you
> described and can't find my notes from our conversation.  I
> have the socket set screws and the acorn nut for the top
> and didn't remember what you used for a nut or washer under
> the plate for the plate to rest on.

A low profile lock nut, and Loc-Tite for insurance. Fuzzy bad
photo below.

> Only thing is I may not have enough room under the plate
> and would perhaps have to drill out the board there some.

I do. I counter bore the board so the nut will go down so it's
top is flush with the top of the board. Having put one
together and found I needed to lower the plate some and
couldn't because of the nut height, I now make sure that won't
happen again. No fun! Photo below.

> Ok. I owe you another piano. Thanks, Bob

Cool, OK!
Ron N