Yamaha G3

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at netzero.net
Wed Jan 9 18:06:47 MST 2008

Dear List

I have a problem with a Yamaha G3 grand. The flange screw for the center
damper lifter tray flange has come loose and is out of its hole. (This
is the screw that holds the flange to the damper flange rail, not the
screw that attaches it to the damper lifter tray.) When it works its way
around it gets between the damper tray and the damper flange rail and
holds the tray up just enough for the bass most dampers to not stop the
strings correctly. I remember seeing descriptions on this list for a
tool to tighten the end flange screws, but I'm not sure if this can get
to the center flange screw. The screw is not just loose where it can be
just tightened; I am going to have to get it restarted into the aluminum
flange rail.

Even if the entire back action was disassembled, I don't see anyway that
this screw could ever have been installed to begin with unless it was
put in before the keybed was installed. Any and all help will be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Rex Roseman

Roseman Piano Tuning