Yamaha G3

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at netzero.net
Thu Jan 10 19:39:28 MST 2008

Dean and Paul

Thank you for your responses. The problem that I am having is that the
flange is in front of the screw and the damper lifter tray doesn't drop
far enough to access the screw behind the flange. If I could get to the
screw, I have a couple of tools that I could try to use to hold it to
start it, but the way things are now, there is no way to get a straight
sighting on the screw. The ones on the end can be reached from the end
by going around the flange, but the one in the middle has the sostenuto
bracket and the flange in the way. The screw cannot even be seen from
the front. I only found it by reaching under and behind the tray
(between the tray and the flange rail.) There was no room to get my
fingers in to put the screw back in the hole, and no way to get it out.
Right now it is resting so it doesn't interfere, but that most likely is
not going to stay the case.

>From suggestions I have thought of, coupled with some from off list I
would have to:

1.	Dismount the Sostenuto and drop it out of the way and/or
2.	Get the actions dogs and the sostenuto spring mounting blocks
unscrewed from the keybed using an offset screwdriver and hope the tray
drops far enough to access past the flange. (Dogs and mounts are again
screwed to the keybed form the top directly under the damper tray. No
direct shot for a screw driver.)
3.	Remove the keybed and again hope that the damper tray drops far
enough to access the screw.

Don't like any of these ideas to just get one screw out of (or back
into) a back action flange.

Thanks again for the help.

Rex Roseman

Roseman Piano Tuning