Boes Numbers

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 20:10:10 MST 2008

In a message dated 1/8/2008 7:13:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

What do the numbers that are embossed at the top of the treble bridge mean
on these pianos.  They are not the serial numbers.  But can they be cross
referenced to a serial number if the actual serial number is not findable?
Or have I not looked in the secret place.

David,

I didn't see any other answers to this, so I'll take a shot. I only service a
few of these, and the serial #s are pressure stamped (colorlessly) into the
soundboard, either right behind the damper guide rail, or along the spine
behind the damper guide rail. They're hard to find if there's any dust. I don't
know about the number on the bridge; I always assumed it was a temporary factory
sequence number, like the one in the treble corner of a Steinway plate.

Bob D