action storage

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 08:21:42 MST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 6:16 PM, William R. Monroe <pianotech at a440piano.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently moved into my new shop out of necessity, but It still has a
> lot of finishing to do.  One area that I'd like to tackle soon is to build
> case parts and action storage rack.  I've got about 12' of wall space,
> about
> 10' high to play with.  Anyone have any good ideas (photos) for this?
>  Many
> thanks,
>
> William R. Monroe

Hi William,
I'm a fellow Wisconsinite and tend to be very cheap. I made racks from long
pallets, about 5 feet long and about 3 feet wide, some were piano
pallets. Several were solid, planks all the way across, others had gaps so I
used salvage lumber from other pallets to fill the spaces. One stands in an
unused corner, another is on wheels. I  made shelf standards out of 2x4's at
intervals I determined would work best for my purpose, placed the pallets
and screwed them to the crossmember on the shelf standard. The mobile one
has an angled crossbrace on one side from the upper RH corner to the lower
LH corner to keep it square. The stationary one is attached to the wall. I
also used some carpeted(indoor outdoor)display shelving purchased from a
building supply store that was closing that I use for finished cabinet
parts. I think the whole thing cost about $25 for the 2x4's, hardware and
shop casters.
Mike
--
I AM, therefore I THINK!