Steinway D specs

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Jan 11 15:07:53 MST 2008

Here's some string heights from a D which I'll be installing a new action:
ends of each section:
8"          ~    8"
7 5/8     ~    7 3/4
7 5/8      ~   7 11/16
7 11/16  ~   7 5/8
7 5/8      ~   7 1/2

Hammer Center Height 5 9/16"

Now tell me how a spec/even bored hammer set will regulate evenly.

Your measurements will vary.

Isn't spec height 7 7/8 bass, 7 1/2 treble
with a 5 11/16 to 5 3/4" Hammer Center Height
I seen them as low as 5 5/8 but not 5 9/16 until this one.

No wonder it never regulated properly with stock hammers.
I will more than likely raise the stack, ya think??
--

Regards,

Jon Page