bridge recapping tools

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 21:24:33 MST 2008

Dale,

I have only recapped one bass bridge and come to think of it I used the Bolduc glue.  This bridge has never been taken any further since I haven't found anyone to buy it.  It's one of those I picked up for about $500 and wanted to find a buyer to pay for the rebuild.  So, I haven't had the experience of drilling throught the Bolduc glue nor tested its strength.  I am glad to hear of your experience with it.

I have drilled through the epoxy joint of the composite pinblock that we are now making and have had no problems.

Today, I worked on getting a good template made out of plexiglass for the bridge pin hole locations. The fourth one may finally be precise enough.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Bob Hull