Need Heintzman Co. phone number

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jan 13 15:21:42 MST 2008

> Wow. That IS impressive......
>
> Terry Farrell

It was long ago, but not at all far away, and there were more
than a few farmer/welder/piano tooners around. The hammers had
a round ended cove cut in them, but the tails weren't shaped -
just square cut. He must have seen that little rounded end of
the cove and cleverly deduced that to be what the backcheck
caught. So he hung the whole set backward. It was decided by
my employer that I would pop 'em off, turn 'em around, and
glue 'em back on. He saved arcing the tails (they never did
get tapered) for the upcoming chapter meeting where he'd use
that for the tech session. So he discovered rather
dramatically in front of about a dozen witnesses that a hand
held belt sander doesn't work real well for this. A coarse
sanding disc in a power drill finally saved the day, more or less.

I had a fairly traumatic apprenticeship.
Ron N