Pinblock for Baldwin SF-10

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:18:16 MST 2008

I am installing a new pinblock in a Baldwin SF-10. This piano is only 10 years old, but the pinblock has been destroyed by the use of metal tuning pin sleeves in combination with CA glue (about 30 to 40 sleeves and glue all over the place). I can't imagine a 10 YO piano with what appears to be a Delignit pinblock get so loose that it required this kind of desperate repairs.

My question to the other rebuilders is this. I have always used Bolduc pinblocks in Steinways and Masons and have used Multi-Laminate pinblocks in lesser pianos, (never had loose tuning pins in 40 years), but I have never used a Delignit pinblock. Should I replace this pinblock with the Delignit (which now scares me) or one of the others? Also any thoughts on what might have gone wrong with this piano?

Thanks for any input

Al Guecia
Allied PianoCraft
PO Box 1549