Pinblock for Baldwin SF-10

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jan 14 13:35:06 MST 2008

When you are using a very hard pin block there is no margin for error in
your interference fit with the tuning pin. You must design a reduced
interference or the torque levels will be too high. With less nominal
interference you’ll end up with a loose pin if the pin tolerance goes small
and the drilled hole tolerance goes large.

When using a softer block you can design a greater interference fit and
still end up with a great feeling pin with a reasonable level of torque.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802