ETD & CC was Re: Accepting credit cards

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jan 14 20:15:50 MST 2008

>>you might find that customers are going want to put their piano tuning fee
on their credit cards.

That may be, but it does cost us money every time we process one. So my
thinking is to not encourage their usage. I've taken credit cards for 15
years, but process very few. I only let people know I take them if asked
directly, or if they tell me money is tight as a reason to not schedule.

There are philosophical issues as well. Taking plastic moves us even further
from real money than the worthless paper with green ink does. It enables
banks and the Federal Reserve to create money out of nothing with even
greater ease. That house of cards is only going to last as long as the
Chinese still think the dollar is worth something.

Have you ever been audited? I have, twice. The last time they went through
not only all the usual business stuff but also all of my personal stuff,
including personal bank statements and personal credit card statements,
things that I did NOT use for any business purposes. They didn't find
anything of significance, but I still felt personally violated. Ever since
then I have taken steps to use cash as much as possible for privacy's sake.
I would encourage everyone to do the same.

Among other things that nobody should have to explain to a federal
bureaucrat they didn't like how much I gave to charity. Now nobody knows how
much I give except the One who counts.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272