Accepting Credit Card Payments...............Small Claims Court

Terence Miller innuuuu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 08:46:07 MST 2008

Dear List:

  I re-visit this topic every couple of years or so.

  I think I only get the "Do you accept credit cards?" question only once  or twice a year. Nobody has been put out when I've said, "No", they  just write a check. So far people around here don't seem to expect to  have that payment method as an option for piano service.

  Some institutions are surprised that I leave an invoice. "Oh my  goodness. The other guy wouldn't tune unless we had a check ready for  him."              I'd rather not have a check ready for me. I never know if the piano  needs more work than just a tuning, and requesting more money out of  the institution is an irritation.

  I like the Paypal email concept. With the right cell-phone service you  could send your client a Paypal invoice from their living  room..........but then again, that data service is an additional  monthly fee.

  So, for immediate payment

  pay the credit card service provider
  or
  pay the cell phone service and give Paypal some too
  or
  take cash

  or

  for in the bank fairly quickly payment
  take a check
  or
  send a Paypal email request for payment

  I think I'll try the Paypal email request for payment on those few  occasions when I offer payment over a couple of months. People often  forget about sending me my money on time.

  which brings up the other potentiality

  Have you ever had to go to small claims court?
  How did it work out?

  regards

  Terry