Accepting Credit Card Payments...............Small Claims Court

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 10:29:22 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence Miller <innuuuu at yahoo.com>
To: pianotech list <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 5:46 am
Subject: Accepting Credit Card Payments...............Small Claims Court

Dear List:

I re-visit this topic every couple of years or so.

which brings up the other potentiality

Have you ever had to go to small claims court?
How did it work out?

regards

Terry

I have been to small claims only once for a non-payment of a tuning fee. I won, and did get my money, but it was more of a philosophical victory than a monetary one.

The guy called and said his wife was dying of cancer, and would I tune the piano for her before she died. He wasn't home, but the nurse? let me in. I left a bill. His wife died three weeks later. At first I felt bad for him, so I let it go, but then over a period of?six months I kept asking the guy for his payment. Then he changed his tune and said he wasn't going to?pay me because he said I didn't do a good job. So I finally took him to court. He didn't show up, so I won on default.?I got a check about 3 months after the court date.

I sued him not because I needed the money, but because the last few times we talked he was becoming very belligerent. So I did it just for spite, because he was such an ass about it.

Wim Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.