glue for hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 16 18:54:15 MST 2008

I think he means ream each hammer, just as we do.   I ream each hammer to fit before I begin hanging hammers, I leave them all hanging on their shanks, ready to go as I come to them.    We all hang the end hammers to match our original hammers with what ever changes we want.   It seems to me, I always have to have some play to align the hammers to the 2 straightedges.   I use Spurlocks device...I also wonder about glue starvation?   Wouldn't that show up with clicking hammers...I see it happen on occasion, factory built pianos included...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044