Christopher O'Riley

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 17 03:54:52 MST 2008

Christopher O'RileyDavid
I've worked with Chris on several occasions and my best advise is beware of his space.He doesn't feel comfortable with people invading it and prefers that anyone on stage keep to themselves. If he has something to say, he'll make the gesture and sometimes make conversation. If he doesn't, don't expect much eye contact, and don't take it personally.
The first time I work with was for the broadcast of "From the Top" and he couldn't have been more cold and distant with me. My most recent escapade was for a performance of him playing Beethoven's 4th Piano Concerto with the symphony that I perform with. This time he made a big ordeal of coming over and giving a me a big hug at the end of the performance,thanking me several times. Go figure.
Tom Servinsky