Digital versus Acoustic Pianos

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 19:18:19 MST 2008

I don't have a problem with digital pianos, electric guitars, or synthesized
instruments or what they are called.  In all honesty, I'd rather play one of
those than a wiry, sounds-like-hitting-the-side-of-a-garbage-can piece of
you know what.  As you say, they have their place and I don't think you need
to worry about them taking the place of quality acoustic instruments.  For
those with space problems, portability considerations, limited budgets,
sound issues (i.e. noise sensitive apartment dwelling neighbors), for those
who use them to interface with computers for composition, like the gadgets
and toys and variety of sounds, they can be fun.  So why shouldn't they call
them digital pianos?  The better ones use sampled and digitized sound from
real pianos.  What else should they call them?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com