Hammer re-facing and blow distance

annie at allthingspiano.com annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Jan 20 11:08:01 MST 2008

I know what you mean, Terry, as I go through that argument with myself,
too.  BUT... these pianos aren't fine instruments to begin with -- and
these piano owners are usually pretty resistant to the idea that they need
to maintain 'em.  (I use lots of automotive analogies, as they seem to
"get" that, especially the school administrators.)

The way I see it, if I can get the piano playing better for a modest
investment, then somebody's more likely to play that piano... and maybe
even enjoy it.  And then they might be more receptive to the idea of
actually and really making it play "right".

Maybe I need an attitude readjustment, myself, and maybe I'm selling the
pianos and myself short -- don't know -- but that's my current thinking.

Dunno.  I'm just so glad to be in an area where folks actually value their
pianos enough to let me do anything to 'em.  Where I was, most people
couldn't have cared much less.

Annie G.