Chinese made Yamaha P22s - update

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:10:36 MST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 12:01 PM, Roger Wheelock <roger at dampp-chaser.com> wrote:

> With regard to the watering tube, notching of the corner of the front panel
> is an option for the vertical application instead of making a groove in the
> underside of the keybed.

I've only had to alter the front panel twice.  Each time was on a
Yamaha.  On one, to avoid notching, I allowed the fill tube to be
pinched slightly.  The customer wanted that rather than cutting up his
brand new baby.  It fills a bit slower, but it fills.

The other panel I sanded the backside of the top right corner.  Then
just a tiny bit of the front.  That gave it enough clearance.  You
can't tell anything was done unless you look very closely. Or if the
board is removed, of course.

--
JF