Dead Bass Strings

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 17:15:06 MST 2008

 It's possible the bridge takes a dive at that end, reducing bearing.? A cheap repair in that instance is to lay a thin, flat, wood shim on top of the bridge under the strings for that note.? .? The strings lay on top of the shim,? which serves to increase the bearing for those strings only.?? Ugly, but it works as a cheap repair.? Bob.?