Soundboard installation, next topic : the glue

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 10:14:17 MST 2008

I was more using your post for a springboard to address the topic of
soundboard replacement or not.  It may not have been what you were really
addressing.  I agree, that on the glues, I think for the board you need to
use whichever adhesive gives you the best chance of a successful glue joint
and that really trumps all other concerns.  While the techniques for
removing various residual adhesives may vary, nothing is undoable and
hopefully it won't have to be done very often.

Having recently tried to scrape a polyester finish off a soundboard that I
was hoping to reuse or remove bushings attached with PVC does make one
sympathetic to choices of adhesives and finishes in other situations.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com