Soundboard drydown for installation

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Sat Jan 26 00:38:44 MST 2008

---- David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "I'm out of my league with that speculation"...quoth the Brekne...

> I know you have a lot of enthusiasm for your speculation, but I think you would have been quietly murdered ages ago if the List was a piano factory...;-]

I have worked in several piano factories, and in none of these work environments was speculation considered to be a capitol offense.  On the contrary, it was/is encouraged and nurtured.  I know that contributors to this list are routinely criticized, if not lambasted, for using such words as "speculation" and "opinion." but such things are essential to developing a theory, and a theory is essential to testing, which will either prove or disprove what started as "speculation" or an "opinion."

Frank Emerson