Drydown prior to rib/panel gluing

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 26 08:08:20 MST 2008

> The tradition is to dry ribs and panel to the same EMC prior to glue up.
> However, since the ribs expand minimally along the grain (length), does it
> really matter?
>
> David Love

It might be absolutely critical, don't know. I've never dried
the ribs. They've always gone on at whatever the shop
atmosphere at the time supplied with nary an indication of a
problem.

Incidentally, even if they expanded more along the grain than
they do, would it matter in an RC&S board. For that matter,
shouldn't the ribs in CC assemblies be brought up to very high
MC levels before assembly, to enhance the compression as
everything equalibriates?

Ron N