R,C&S question JD

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Jan 27 07:36:10 MST 2008

Hi Al

RC&S stands for Rib Crowned and Supported. They are not bent before
gluing on the panel if thats what you mean. They are machined so that
the surface that is attached to the panel has a predetermined curve.
The radius of this curve is determined by the designer. The panel is
forced around the radii of the rib set at glue up.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers
RicB

John, this is one of the best descriptions I have read here on
"Traditional (CC) board construction. Very clear and concise. I have
on question with the RC&S board construction. Are the ribs curved or
flat when they are glued up?

Al

Al Guecia
Allied PianoCraft