Stuck action

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Mon Jan 28 07:11:51 MST 2008

Thank you for those suggestions folks.

Paul, from what I was able to observe, I think there are wooden "buttons"
that serve as glides, but not adjustable from beneath.  I will check more
carefully next time I go back there.

John, thank you for the interesting idea about dropping the keybed by
taking the front legs off and unscrewing.  The idea of grinding the drop
screws down had occurred to me, as the slots look nice and deep.

I think the chap quite likes his little piano.  I explained and showed the
problem to him, and I think now I will email him to let him know how
helpful you guys are and that all hope is not lost!  I did get the faulty
sustaining pedal working OK, but the problem may recur, and the action
definitely needs some regulation.

The piano is sitting in a spot just inside the front door, that it just
fits into and no more, but it's acoustically good as it's a sort of little
"atrium" in a converted old house and the ceiling is very high and there
is a nice natural reverb.