tuner in Cuiaba, Brazil

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Tue Jan 29 01:59:41 MST 2008

Years ago, when I was at Baldwin, we were visited by a music professor from one of the smaller South American countries.  I don't recall which.  The purpose of his six-week visit to a Baldwin factory was to learn as much as he could to return and service the pianos himself at his school, since there was no piano tech in the entire country.  I wouldn't take that to mean that it is a wide open market, but that there just isn't enough of a market to support even one tech.

Frank Emerson