where else to look?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jan 29 12:27:53 MST 2008

How about detaching the lyre and looking on the top of it, or the left
side of the rim in the keybed area?

Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco at luther.edu>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
01/29/2008 01:00 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: where else to look?

Phil Bondi wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am in search of a serial# for a S&S. It's not in any of the usual
> places like plate, key frame, key slip. There is an inkstamp on 2 bass
> keys..the numbers match. Could this be the serial#? If true, this makes
> the piano a 1920's vintage instead of a 1950's, which is all the
> information the client has of its origin. There are case part markings
> everywhere, and they are engraved..
> Any help is appreciated.
> - Phil Bondi

Bottom edge of music rack movable portion, underside of fallboard?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076