insurance

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 10:01:27 MST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 7:58 AM, Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
wrote:

> Imagine the background check to be a Santa!!
>
> pw
>

>   *"John Formsma" <formsma at gmail.com>*
> Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
>
> 01/29/2008 11:12 PM   Please respond to
> Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

> "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>  cc
>   Subject
> Re: insurance
>

> On Jan 29, 2008 9:04 PM, Ron Nossaman <*rnossaman at cox.net*<rnossaman at cox.net>>
> wrote:
> >
> > A few years back, I walked through the music room full of high
> > school creatures with the teacher, headed for a piano back in
> > the catacombs. As we passed, I heard "Hey, Santa Clause" come
> > from the back of the room. I looked the room over, said
> > "special ed?" and kept walking. It got really really quiet.
>
> That's hilarious ... I can almost picture the scene.
>
> You know, if you had some reindeer and a sleigh, you *could* probably make
> a lot of extra money at Christmas time.  There was a guy I knew of that was
> getting $100 an hour to give rides at malls and the like.  ;-)
>
> > So I guess the message is that you won't win, but it's
> > sometimes possible to have some fun during the failure. Other
> > times, not.
>
> I'd say you won the exchange of words with the student.  :-)
>
> --
> JF

I've actually been Santa once a few years ago for my daughter in law. She's
director of a daycare, one of those nationwide chain types and has a staff
of 10 and about 60 kids there. Here regular Santa couldn't make it and she
asked if I would do it, I have my own beard, a small belly from good food,
and white hair that I wear long pulled back in a ponytail normally. We just
brushed it out and left it long. She rented me a suit and it was great! The
best part was when the know it all Kindergartners arrived and were sure my
beard was fake, I had them pull it to check, that really convinced them!
I usually get santa comments around Christmas and enjoy them.
The problems mentioned hadn't occured to me, about being sued etc. I work in
2 high schools frequently with no supervision, something to think about.
Mike
--
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com