Loose soundboard decal

itunepiano at aol.com itunepiano at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 18:59:50 MST 2008

 That maker would be Samick.? They had a run where soundboard decals would dry out and curl up towards the strings.? I found that pressing the decal back down would be a temporary fix.? The decal would soon curl up again.? I'd try brushing on some clear? glue next time.?? Samick did used to warranty a repair.? They supplied replacement decals.? I don't know who paid labor.? You should contact them.? Removing the decal leaves a discolored area on the soundboard, and often, the decal is only partially loose.? Each annual tuning will yield another section of decal or two!?