Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 30 19:53:32 MST 2008

Thump and others,
	Since we're all asking for proofs and hard facts here in the finer
points and minutia of soundboard technology would you please expound on why
you feel that the old wood of the existing soundboard is more resonant than
the new? It seems that if you're going to persist in this line of thinking
then you must have good reasons for it, or is it just speculation? I myself
am in the opposite camp wherein I believe that there is cellular destruction
of the old wood and therefore due for replacement. My reasons follow that of
which we've heard for years now on this list. This of course is assuming a
CC board assembly. Your thoughts?

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com