37 steps. Or 9. Or 21. Or whatever...

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 08:14:47 MST 2008

At 08:00 PM 1/30/2008, Bob Davis wrote:
>In a message dated 1/30/2008 5:56:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>custos3 at comcast.net writes:
>Ultimately one does not
>master regulation until one can read from the action itself
>
>Israel,
>
>Dead on. Well put. And a lot more fun, right?
>
>Bob D

Thank you Bob. Yes it is more fun - basically because this is how a
skilled craftsperson operates. The other way is the sort of dull,
repetitious work that a factory hand would do - plug a bunch of
numbers into an action using a predetermined protocol. If there are
any problems after they are finished, the guys in Quality Control
will deal with them. In our line of work, though, we are supposed to
be the quality control...

Israel Stein