Moisture Meters?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 14:36:28 MST 2008

I've oven dried pieces of spruce in the past in an effort to measure MC
directly, but I've never been able to reach an identifiable end point where
the weight would stabilize after a period of time. It would go along at a
rate and then slow considerably. It was probably dry when the rate of weight
loss slowed - but it was so hard to identify. I suspect volatile organic
compounds escaping the wood accounted for the very slow rate of weight loss
after the water had escaped - but again, I found it very difficult to
identify the point at which I could call the wood dry.

Terry Farrell